- Discount Offers
- Stainless steel pickling pastes14 items
Pickling pastes are only used after welding for th...
- Stainless steel cleaning and maintenance9 items
Products in this section are for removal of Iron (...
- Weld Cleaning and Marking machines17 items
Electro-chemical machines for the fast removal of ...
- Stainless Steel Identification and Test kits8 items
ELECTRO-CHEMICAL TESTING EQUIPMENT for alloy ident...
- Non Destructive Testing products (NDT)12 items
Quality Non-destructive testing products for liqui...
- Aluminium cleaners5 items
We have developed a range of products designed to ...
- General Metal cleaning and maintenance products5 items
Aluminium, Copper, Nickel, Steel & Stainless S...
- Dry Ice Cleaning7 items
Innovative cleaning system for fast removal of sur...
- Tungsten welding electrodes (TIG)1 items
High quality, European manufactured, tungsten elec...
- Tungsten electrode grinders (TIG)4 items
A range of grinders for sharpening tungsten electr...
- Specialised Welding and Fabrication products5 items
A range of products which are designed to assist f...
- Metal powder spraying torch1 items
Torches & powders for build up and repair of metal...
- Silver and Copper brazing alloys4 items
High quality, European manufactured, brazing alloy...
- Material Safety Data Sheets1 items
MSDS for our products. Unfortunately we are unabl...
Articles / News
- 20 Jul 2021
Passivation of Stainless Steel
- 19 Jul 2021
How to chose a weld cleaning machine
- 18 Jul 2021
Pickling of Stainless Steels
- RSS Feed
- More >>>
Various products for removal of weld burn from Stainless steelPickling pastes are only used after welding for the removal of weld burn on Stainless Steel.
For degreasing, cleaning and where instances of Iron (Fe) contamination has occurred we have a range of chemicals in the Stainless Steel cleaning section more suitable than the harsh acids used in pickling.
The passive protective layer on Stainless Steel is resistant to most chemicals and therefore requires very strong acid mixtures to penetrate the surface and remove the weldburn.
If procedures are followed carefully it is a simple operation. Attached to each product is a basic method statement.
Weld cleaning machines are available in a separate category which are more environmentally friendly.